Ratnanagar Rotary Library is the first public library of Chitwan. The library collections are being built up and there are currently about 3000 books. Daily newspapers and magazines are regularly being received and about 50 readers visit the library each day. The library is centrally located in Ratnanagar-2, Chitwan. With support from Rotary Club of Ratnanagar through Rotary International and Rotary Club of Hollywood, Ratnanagar Rotary Library is a centre for a local communities, schools, Colleges and different resource centres. This library has also been designated as a point of reading and learning Centre to provide information services to the local community. It has various subjects including dictionary, General knowledge computer science, Philosophy, Religion, Social Science, Politics, Law Management, Pure Science, Technology, Literature, History, biography, Guide Book etc.
Ratnanagar Rotary Library is partnerships between Ratnanagar Chamber of Commerce of Industry and Rotary Club of Ratnanagar. It provides many of the resources, books, magazines newspapers, including computers with Internet access, reference materials, and research and business resources. It seeks to provide library and information services to all the members of Ratnanagar Chamber of Commerce and Industry and other entrepreneurs in Ratnanagar. The Visitors to the Ratnanagar Rotary Library may take advantage of the books, reference materials, magazines, videos, and information services available in the library. Visitors may also use the library’s computers to access Internet resources. The Library staff is happy to assist you with locating materials or online searches.
- 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM (Sunday to Thursday)
- 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM (1 Mangsir to 30 Magh)
- 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM (Friday)
- 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM (Saturday)
The Ratnanagar Rotary Library is a public library. The resources of Ratnannagar Rotary Library are freely available to all users for use inside the library. All the collections are kept in open access. The entire collection is dewey decimal classification system and users can find information easily. All the collections are kept in open access. The users can enquire about any information by personal visit or by telephone, fax, and email.
Following are the major services of Ratnanagar Rotary Library:
- Reading room facilities
- Reference services (by telephone, fax, e-mail)
- Photocopy services
- Desktop Service (Nepali & English, Typing, Book Binding, Scanning, Lamination, etc)
- To provide library and information services to general public;
- To collect new books and other educational materials like periodicals, reports, etc;
- To preserve and conserve all the library collections including rare books;
- To promote reading habit providing peaceful environment;
- To facilitate in quality education.